My name is Julia and I am qualified counsellor dedicated to providing you the support you need to move forth in your life. There are times when we struggle with feelings of hopelessness, depression and even the inability to cope. Although friends and family can support you, sometimes you may wish for an outside ear, one that is separate from your everyday life.
I can provide you with your own space to aid you through these difficult times; a safe and confidential space where you are able to talk and explore your emotions free from judgement.
I am dedicated, compassionate and approachable. With my extensive training I am able to help you with a wide range of issues. There is no problem too small and anything can be discussed with complete confidentiality.
Counselling is personal and unique to everyone. I work with a number of different approaches that I adapt to suit your preferred style of counselling. Everybody is an individual and I will always treat you as such. Some styles of counselling I bring to the sessions include:
We will explore with the unconscious side to your emotions. Together we will see how this process causes your difficult emotions to manifest.
- Transactional analysis
We will explore your behaviour and social relationships and how they reflect upon aspects of your personality established in early life.
- Person Centred
A humanistic approach where we explore together how you perceive yourself consciously and how such a view may have effected and perhaps caused difficult emotions to arise.
We explore your individual experiences from the past in the present moment.
Through the use of art we see how your challenging feelings and experiences can be expressed in different ways.
Who do I work with?
I have experience working across all ages and backgrounds.
What can I help with?
- AIDS/HIV, Anxiety
- Child related issues
- General counselling
- Self Esteem
Training and Qualifications
- Fdsc in Counselling – Greenwich University
- Advanced Diploma in Therapeutic and Educational Application of the Arts
- NCFE Counselling Skills and Theory, Levels 1-3.
Continuing Professional Development and Workshops
- Counselling Young People Affected by Rape and Sexual Abuse
- Sexualised Trauma Training
- Working with Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Universal Safeguarding Adults
- Universal Safeguarding Children
- ARC counselling in Wokingham providing counselling for adults and young people and Trust House Reading an organisation providing counselling to survivors of rape.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or enquiries
Mobile: 07528 668 218