Life is full of challenges and problems difficult to address that make us sometimes feel unable to figure out what to do. Counselling can really change your life by giving you the opportunity to share your concerns with someone skilled at listening that can help you come to terms with emotions or other issues troubling your life.
My name is Sue, a fully qualified person-centred counsellor and registered practitioner (MBACP) providing counselling and psychotherapy to individual clients, groups.
I offer a safe, calm and compassionate environment, where you and I talk freely without being judged or criticised. I will help you to understand what is happening and why, explore and interpret the underlying causes. Together we will examine ways of dealing with the issues and move forward. It is a joint effort where we work to overcome your difficult times and achieve long term positive changes in your life.
In addition to my private practice, I am a member of The Eaves Counselling and Psychological Services in Surrey, I work as Assessor and a Crisis Counsellor at the Woman’s Trust dealing with Domestic Abuse in London and deliver short term solution focused counselling for the NHS IAPT (Improving Access to Psychological Therapies) department in Surrey.
I Can Help
At some point in our lives we are all faced with problems that we can’t see a solution to. Sometime life’s glass seems decidedly half empty. We feel lost, stuck and unable to see a way forward. I don’t profess to have all the answers but i might be able to make a suggestion or two. Some of the problems we face in life can be:
- Feeling stressed, anxious and depressed
- Unexplained panic attacks
- Relationship difficulties with family, colleagues, partner/spouse or friends
- Low self-esteem and lack of confidence
- Coping with loss or bereavement
- Life transitions and wondering what the future holds
- Unhelpful patterns of behaviour, such as, unhealthy eating habits & self-harming
- Wanting to be assertive rather than angry and aggressive
- The impact of physical, emotional or sexual abuse
I can help to provide you with opportunities to explore the various changes that have happened in your life. I can also help you to make decisions about situations in the future. I specialise on issues about bereavement, domestic abuse, self-esteem and anxiety.
I work in Guildford and Leatherhead offering individual counselling to adults and young people. Daytime & evening appointments, £20 introductory session. Experienced working with relationship issues, depression, anxiety, loss and bereavement, domestic abuse, self-harm, stress, low self-esteem and self-confidence.
I am a person-centred counsellor with experience in the fields of domestic abuse and bereavement. The kind of therapy I offer is conducted in a safe and non-judgemental place where you can freely talk about your life and anything that may be confusing, painful or uncomfortable.
It is my goal to enable you to see yourself as a person with the power and freedom to change for the better. My work is also fully insured.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in Counselling , Guildford College
- Working with bereavement 5 years
- Working with Domestic Abuse
- Voluntary Bereavement Services Princess Alice Hospice, Esher
- Domestic Abuse , Woman’s Trust , Hammersmith
- Working with RASAC Guildford (Rape and Sexual Abuse Counselling)
- Assessor Woman’s Trust Hammersmith
- Crisis Counsellor in Domestic Abuse
- Additionally I have added to my knowledge and understanding by a range of day/short courses on Bereavement and Domestic Abuse.
These are some of the issues I can help you with:
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Domestic abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Gender issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Relationship issues
- Sexual abuse
- Work related stress
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Person-centred therapy
- Transactional analysis
- Types of clients
- Older Adults
- Home visits, long-term face-to-face work, short-term face-to-face work, Time-limited
Individuals: £50 per 55 minute session.
Free initial 30 minute consultation with no obligation.
If you think I can help, please contact me by phone or email and we can discuss the next step. All calls are confidential.
Main Eaves Office
Telephone: 07811 499 080